Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Learning in Salt Lake City

Today is my third day in the Family History Library in Salt Lake City.  I am having good luck and a great time.  Pacing myself because I am here for two weeks.

It's a great place to learn about genealogy and history.  What a thrill to find Grandpa Cogburn on the 1825 Tax List of Washington Co., Georgia.  He was on a brief listing of Departees.  I knew that sometime between 1820 and 1830 he had moved to Talbot Co., Georgia.  He was not on the 1826 Tax List for Washington Co., Georgia, so appears he moved in 1825.

The library is fairly quiet, nothing like in October when so many tour groups are in the library.  No long lines in front of the library each morning.  They have moved the Canadian books to the Main Floor.

More to do tomorrow and I am hoping for more Genealogy Good Luck!

Ruby

1 comment:

Marcie Garnett said...

Wish I were there with you, Ruby! Have fun, and may you be blessed with many wonderful discoveries.

Banner banner