Friday, July 17, 2009

The Life of a Genealogist


It is so sweet ... being around people who speak genealogy!  That's a separate language and one that you know ... if you are a genealogist.  I am at the Family History Expo in Sheridan, WY.  We arrived late yesterday afternoon.  The You Go Genealogy Girls are bloggers of honor.  However, at this point I'm doing all of the blogging and tweeting.  

The keynote address by Barry Ewell was very inspiring.  He is funny and yet serious.  Sharing some of his insights into the research process, he firmly believes that our ancestors want to be found.  I know that because some of the time I'm lost.  My next session was to hear Arlene Eakle lecture on Scottish Marriage Records.  I did not know there were so many ways a Scot could get married.  Some of them sort of carry over to the United States also.  Her lecture makes me want to hurry home and jump right into my Scottish research.  

We'll fuel up at lunch before too long and then start in again at more lectures.  Somebody has to do this grueling stuff ... so it had best me us.  

No comments:

Banner banner